Learning Support Introduction
A team of three specialist Learning Support Teachers and a number of Learning Support Assistants work with students in a wide range of ways to enable them to achieve their potential, including:
- providing important information to subject teachers
- setting up exam access arrangements (such as extra time)
- lending equipment (such as laptops or digital voice recorders)
- carrying out dyslexia assessments
- providing one-to-one support (short-term or long-term)
- providing support in lessons
- reviewing Education Health and Care Plans
Decisions about support are made in discussion with individual students.
The Learning Support Team is based on the first floor of the Learning Centre and runs a drop-in every lunch time.